The end of 2017 is drawing near and I’m excited to be producing the second annual While She Naps podcast Community Episode! Tune in to last year’s here.
Listeners to the podcast know that at the very end of every episode I ask my guest to recommend great stuff they’re enjoying right now. I’ve found fantastic books, magazines, websites, tools, apps, and all kinds of other things through my guests’ recommendations. In the Community Episode I’m inviting you, the listeners to the show, to call in and recommend your favorite things.
Take a minute to think of something you’d recommend to a creative friend. It could be:
- a book
- a magazine
- a website
- an app
- a special tool like a paintbrush or a crochet hook, etc.
- a pattern
- a newsletter
- a podcast or audio book
- a class, retreat, or conference
It doesn’t have to be new. It just has to be something you truly enjoy and would recommend that other creative people check out. Please choose 1-2 things and refrain from promoting your own products or services. I’m afraid I won’t be able to use your clip otherwise.
Got something? Yay!
Now tell me about it!
Start by saying:
- Your first and last name and where you’re from.
- The name of your website (if you have one).
- What you’re recommending and why. Be sure to tell us how we can get it.
The recording is can be up to 2 minutes in total, or you it can be shorter. If you mess up you’ll be able to hit reset and start over so don’t worry! When you’re ready, hit send and it will land in my inbox.
A few tips for making things sound good – try plugging in some headphones while you record and be sure you’re in a quiet room.
Just to give you that extra push in case you’re a bit nervous about recording your voice and hearing it on the show, everyone who contributes will be put into a drawing for one of three fantastic prizes.
- $100 gift certificate to Sprout Patterns. If you haven’t checked out Sprout yet it’s Spoonflower’s cut-and-sew division. Choose any Spoonflower fabric and have it printed as a pattern that you can easily cut and sew together. (Read more about Sprout in my post from when they launched). A big thank you to Sprout for this generous prize!
- 2 Spoonflower welcome packs which include $35 in Spoondollar credit for the recipient to spend on Spoonflower, a Spoonflower Sample Pack containing a sample of each fabric printed with colorful marketplace designs, and a copy of The Spoonflower Handbook: A DIY Guide to Designing Fabric, Wallpaper & Gift Wrap with 30+ Projects.
Contributions open today and I’ll take as many as I can between now and November 20.
Then I’ll edit them together to create one incredible podcast full of awesome recommendations from all of you! I may not be able to use ever submission, but everyone will be entered to win the prizes. The show will air on Monday, December 4.
Please don’t be nervous! Just go for it. I’m so excited to hear from you!