In between writing pattern instructions for the last six projects in the book I made Rudi’s lamb. I’m still enjoying sewing with wool felt. I had a few felt punched flowers left over from another project and made the lamb a little floral garland to wear around her neck.
The top of the legs on this pattern extend beyond the under gusset and are sewn to each other. That is interesting for sure and the first time I’ve used that construction method. I think it might serve to bring the legs in tightly so that they don’t splay at all. Clever. The legs on Rudi’s patterns are all wider than I would have drawn them, but they make the animal sturdier in the end. I think drawing the legs wider than you think they need to be might be a good trick. Like the camel, the pattern for the tail is also very cool. Overall a good project.