I take you through the process of making Trixie and Tess each step of the way with clear written instructions and step-by-step photos. The pattern templates are full-sized. Just print them out and start sewing!
The finished doll is 17 inches tall.
This sewing pattern is best suited a confident beginner. If you’ve made a doll or two already, you’re ready for this pattern!
To make a Topsy Turvy Doll you’ll need:
- two 1/2 yard cuts of quilting cotton
- 1/4 yard of flesh-toned muslin
- wool-blend felt in two colors, 10 inches x 10 inches of each
- coordinating all-purpose thread
- 1/2 inch elastic, 9 inches
- 2 pairs of 8mm safety eyes in black
- light-weight fusible interfacing, 10 inch x 10 inch piece
- fiberfill stuffing, 7 ounces
- optional: lipstick or blush for coloring the cheeks
The Trixie and Tess Topsy Turvy Doll pattern was designed by me, Abby Glassenberg, and is copyrighted 2014. All rights reserved. It is illegal to distribute this pattern electronically or in hard copy without my permission.
You can sell items made from this pattern as long as you follow these regulations:
1. Keep a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase.
2. The items cannot be mass-produced. They must be made by hand, one at a time.
3. Items must be made only by the individual who purchased the pattern.
4. Credit is given to Abby Glassenberg as the pattern designer on a tag affixed to each item and, if selling online, the listing (on Etsy, etc.) must contain a direct link to where the pattern can be purchased.
5. You may make alterations to the pattern, but you must still link to the original pattern and credit Abby Glassenberg on the item’s tags and listings.