Benji is 12″ tall from stinger to antennae and 12″ wide from wing tip to wing tip. I enjoy sewing toys from fleece because it’s so soft, easy to find, machine washable, and not very expensive, but other fabrics could be substituted.
This sewing pattern is best suited for advanced beginners who already know how to sew a straight stitch on their sewing machines, how to baste, and how to do some simple hand stitching. If you’ve made a softie or two before, you’re ready for this pattern!
To make Benji you’ll need:
-1/2 yard of yellow fleece
-1/4 yard each of black and white fleece
-scraps of black and white felt for his eyes
-fiberfill stuffing, 6 ounces
-Optional: a clean chip bag to make crinkle for his wings
Make Benji your go-to gift for baby showers and birthday parties!
The Benji the Bumblebee pattern was designed by me, Abby Glassenberg, and is copyrighted 2013. All rights reserved. It is illegal to distribute this pattern electronically or in hard copy without my permission.
You can sell items made from this pattern as long as you follow these regulations:
1. Keep a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase.
2. The items cannot be mass-produced. They must be made by hand, one at a time.
3. Items must be made only by the individual who purchased the pattern.
4. Credit is given to Abby Glassenberg as the pattern designer on a tag affixed to each item and, if selling online, the listing (on Etsy, etc.) must contain a direct link to where the pattern can be purchased.
5. You may make alterations to the pattern, but you must still link to the original pattern and credit Abby Glassenberg on the item’s tags and listings.