The While She Naps email newsletter delivers the latest news in the craft, home sewing, and quilting industries to a list of 17,000 subscribers each week. It includes links to relevant news as well as analysis with a focus on independent designers and the online landscape. The newsletter arrives each Wednesday morning at 10 am EST. Browse the archives. Subscribe.
What is a classified?
Like the ads that used to run in newspapers, only digital and more awesome! Classifieds are affordable, fun, and easy.
text only = 140 characters
image + text = 600 x 300 pixel image + 140 characters
Get the word out about:
- A new pattern or product
- Your blog, Instagram, Facebook page or podcast
- A service you provide such as sample sewing, editing, virtual assistance or graphic design
- Your new course
- Your own email newsletter
- An online shop
- An upcoming event or contest like a conference or sew-along
- Your Facebook group
…or anything else you’d like people to know about.
Here’s how it works:
- You choose an available date and purchase the space.
- You write the text and/or create the image. One link per ad. Image is 600 x 300 pixels.
- You submit your text and image (if needed). (Cut off is Tuesday at 5pm EST.)
- I approve the ad and insert it into the classifieds section. Classifieds appear in order of purchase. For top billing, buy early.
Contact Abby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open rate is % of subscribers who open it every week. Click rate is % of subscribers who click at least one link every week. Media-industry average rates taken from MailChimp.
What they’re saying
“Abby’s newsletter is a go-to resource for accurate and timely news from the craft industry. I can’t recommend it enough: whether you are looking for the latest news, calls for entry, or recommendations for podcasts and links, you’ll find it here. I read every one from start to finish.” — Vivika Hansen DeNegre, Editorial Director for Quilting Arts, F+W Media
“While I’m constantly trying to limit the amount of email I receive, the While She Naps newsletter is on my short list of must-reads. It’s easy to scan and there’s always something in it that captivates me professionally and/or creatively. Abby has an acute radar for stories that will enlighten the lives and businesses of makers as well as the courage and energy to investigate the events and attitudes that affect our industry.” — Melanie Falick
“I love the way Abby weaves her voice into her recommendations. It’s subtle, but she makes it clear that she has carefully curated the selections to be varied, interesting, and valuable. I always find myself clicking through at least two or three. I love a newsletter that makes me feel that the creator is on my wavelength, and that’s always true of While She Naps. I know that Abby’s selections won’t waste my time.” — Deborah Balmuth, Publisher and Editorial Director, Storey Publishing