To make a giraffe or elephant you’ll need:
- 1/2 yard of fleece for the head + 1/2 yard of ultra stiff interfacing such as Pellon Peltx 70 ultra firm sew-in stabilizer (for the elephant only)
- 1/4 yard of fleece for the details
- a few scraps of other fabrics
- 1 pair of 18 mm black safety eyes (available on Etsy)
- Embroidery floss
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Stiff cardboard
- a short length of wire
I recommend this pattern for confident beginners. The instructions are written in easy to understand language and every step is accompanied by a clear photo to help you along.
This is an original sewing pattern by Abby Glassenberg. Copyright 2014. All rights reserved. It is illegal to distribute this pattern electronically or in hard copy without my permission. Nursery photo by Couch House Pictures.
You can sell items made from this pattern as long as you follow these regulations:
1. Keep a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase.
2. The items cannot be mass-produced. They must be made by hand, one at a time.
3. Items must be made only by the individual who purchased the pattern.
4. Credit is given to Abby Glassenberg as the pattern designer on a tag affixed to each item and, if selling online, the listing (on Etsy, etc.) must contain a direct link to where the pattern can be purchased.
5. You may make alterations to the pattern, but you must still link to the original pattern and credit Abby Glassenberg on the item’s tags and listings.