To make a dachshund you’ll need:
*1/4 yard of fabric for the body (fleece or quilting cotton both work great!)
*a scrap of contrasting fabric to line the ears
*scraps of black and white felt for the eyes and nose OR a pair of 8mm black safety eyes and a 13mm brown safety nose
*fiberfill stuffing, 4.5 ounces (I like fiberfill because it is easy to find and washable)
*6 inches of ribbon
*black and white embroidery floss, 18 inches of each
The finished puppy is 12 inches long x 7 inches tall.
This pattern is perfect for you if you’ve sewn a few stuffed animals and are ready to try one with darts and gussets. Don’t worry! I take you through every step with clear and thorough written instructions and photos. These design elements make this puppy truly three-dimensional!
The Darcy the Dachshund pattern was designed by me, Abby Glassenberg, and is copyrighted 2014. All rights reserved. It is illegal to distribute this pattern electronically or in hard copy without my permission.
You can sell items made from this pattern as long as you follow these regulations:
1. Keep a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase.
2. The items cannot be mass-produced. They must be made by hand, one at a time.
3. Items must be made only by the individual that purchased the pattern.
4. Credit is given to Abby Glassenberg as the pattern designer on a tag affixed to each item and, if selling online, the listing (on Etsy, etc.) must contain a direct link to where the pattern can be purchased.
5. You may make alterations to the pattern, but you must still link to the original pattern and credit Abby Glassenberg on the item’s tags and listings.