How do you generate excitement about a new product or pattern? What can you do to build buzz in advance of a product launch so that the day your product goes live customers are clamoring to your shop to get what you've got to offer?
A lot goes in to orchestrating a successful product launch and there's always lessons to learn for next time. Today I'm excited to bring you a panel discussion on this topic. We have five indie designers on the panel and each one has a good deal of product launch experiences to share.
- Stacey Trock of FreshStitches – Stacey designs crochet patterns for stuffed animals.
- Mollie Johansen of Wild Olive – Mollie designs embroidery patterns.
- Betz White – Betz designs sewing patterns of all sorts with an emphasis on repurposed and organic materials.
- Wendi Gratz of Shiny Happy World – Wendi designs sewing patterns for quilts and softies especially suited for beginners.
- and me, Abby Glassenberg – I design sewing patterns for stuffed animals and dolls.
We've collected questions from Twitter and Facebook friends all week and we are excited to delve into the topic of how to successfully build buzz about new products! If you have a question or comment during the live chat, tweet us with the hashtag #buildingbuzz. And if you're watching the discussion as a recording and have a question or comment, go ahead and leave it here in the comments and one of us will respond!
Okay, let's chat!