I've had several visitors in my studio recently and let me tell you it is getting harder and harder to make it look neat and tidy in there. Charlie went to open the blinds yesterday morning when we woke up and six toys fell on the floor. (Keep in mind that when I say studio what I mean is a corner, or now nearly half, of our master bedroom).
Part of the problem is a bit of hoarding. Supplies, books, toys I've made. I had some friends over a few days ago for an art and craft supply swap. Everyone brought three supplies they were tired of and took home some new things to help them get reinspired. And we sat at my kitchen table eating sesame cookies and sewing Betz White's felted wool flowers. So that helped some.
But the chaos continues. I now have six bins full of fabric, pattern pieces and finished toys: one bin for each chapter in the new book. This means that six chapters (!) are done. Only 10 more to go. Oh my. So there will be 16 bins by March when the manuscript is due.
All of this is to say that I've updated my Etsy shop. There are three penguins, a snake and a whale in there now. There really should be more. More will come.