There are a lot of final things to finish before my December manuscript deadline. Between writing and putting a million finishing touches on everything I am continuing to study four-legged toy design. I set out to design a horse. Here is the sketch. I liked the sketch and thought it was proportionally okay, but when I stuffed it things went haywire.
Legs are too short and thin, nose is too wide and long, body is too thin and way too long, butt is too big. Too many problems! I will start again with a new drawing, something smaller and hopefully in better proportion. I learn from each one, though, so I'm not going to sweat this bizarre-looking horse.