There are so many ways to play with these.
- Play catch
- Have a relay race
- Just toss them into a basket or hula hoop
- Sort and stack them in rainbow order
You'll need a variety of 9" x 9" fabric scraps, all-purpose thread, and some poly pellets (or use rice or lentils).
1. Cut you fabric into two 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" squares. Place them right sides together. Using a 1/4" seam allowance sew around all four sides, leaving a 1" opening for turning.
2. Clip the seam allowance across the corners to reduce bulk. Turn the square right side out. (I like to use hemostats for turning.)
3. Use a funnel or a spoon to fill the beanbag with poly pellets (or rice or lentils).
4. Sew the opening closed with ladder stitch. (Watch my 2-min. ladder stitch video here.) Be sure your stitches are secure.
*Just a note. After I took these photos the girls begged to be able take the basket of bean bags upstairs to play and they were up there happily for THREE HOURS. Sometimes the simplest toys are the truly the best.
Sign up for my newsletter for free tutorials and tips on running a creative business: